Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 86

Thread: The Liberal - Conservative difference explained

  1. #21
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: The Liberal - Conservative difference explained

    Read anything you have ever posted about politics since Bush started running. And look at how much your healthcare policy is worth, if Bush gets what he wants. Tax on the value of the thing. Top bracket is 28 bucks per 100, if it is worth 900 a month (and the good ones are) rounded off it comes to 10,000 bucks a year.Isn't that 2800 dollars?

  2. #22
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Liberal - Conservative difference explained

    I really don't know what the heck you're talking about, as I've never commented on Bush's healthcare policy. I have Clinton's on the other hand. Can you say HMO???
    I supported Bush because of his conservative stance, and I still believe with all the blunders he's made he was still the lesser of two evils - either against Gore or Kerry.
    If the Dems run someone out that is a conservative whilst the Reps bring on a liberal, I'll probably vote Dem. The only problem you have with that is that a liberal Republican is about as rare as a conservative Democrat, nationally speaking. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  3. #23
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Liberal - Conservative difference explained

    My point is this, you are conservative, which is fine and dandy. Yet when you follow the lamb to slaughter, that tells you over and over again how much they are against all these 'sins' and how they are gonna fix it. After long enough, shouldn't you, being past your young and liberal days, realize that?

    If you're going to be going on the moral highground, and the "moral party" keeps talking about the changes they are going to do and when they controlled all 3 branches of the government and the topic was never pushed or even breeched, shouldn't you at least stop drinking the koolaid?

    You may be right, Bush may have been the lesser of the evils, but I haven't seen much of anything that he was gonna do done, and most of the things he accussed them cursed liberals of going to do, has been done by him and his party. So do you keep sticking your finger in the socket, figuring that the next time its just not going to shock you?

    That's my belief I guess. I got no problem with anybody who voted for Bush, or is a conservative. I just think that it is time to give the other side a chance, not because I think that they are going to suddenly do better, but he and the conservative side had their chances to fix those ills, and didn't.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Liberal - Conservative difference explained

    So you don't think bush has done anything to please conservatives? You don't think his appointment of 2 conservative supreme court judges is a step in the right direction? His support of faith based charities? He has encouraged a constitutional ammendment banning gay marriage across america. It has not been brought to congress yet but he has asked for it. He can't do it all by himself but I am fairly happy with what he has done for the conservative cause. Could he do more? Yes probably but I don't know what resistance he faces to get some of this stuff done. It is not a dictatorship gov't we have. He vetoed the stem cell research bill which is the only veto he has used as president. That was a socially conservative veto...so conservative that it is somewhat contraversial. I believe it was the right thing to do when put into context as the leader of a country that claims to be one nation under god.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Liberal - Conservative difference explained

    I don't think I've ever followed the lamb to slaughter, unless of course, you're talking about The Lamb.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  6. #26
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: The Liberal - Conservative difference explained

    [ QUOTE ]

    I really don't know what the heck you're talking about

    [/ QUOTE ] Yes, I am seeing it is hard to talk to some. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  7. #27
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Liberal - Conservative difference explained

    Ok lets try to realize that conservative doesn't mean religious anymore than liberal means non-religious.

    Here is an example that gets me.

    Our country, with our laws and rules, we have capital punishment. Therefore its ok to kill someone, since according to the rules , its ok.

    Our country, with its laws and rules, we have abortion. Therefore, when people scream its murder, according to the rules, it's ok.

    The same side that screams that abortion is murder, scream that murdering is ok as punishment. Which last I heard was judging someone, yes I know its by the law of the country, but still. You are directly responsible for someone losing their life. Yet the same ones who are in favor of it, are against abortion, which is also taking a life.

    Now you can get into plenty of tangents, that one is willingly breaking a law, one is not able to make decisions, etc. To me, and maybe this is me being wrong (or me being right), an unborn baby, is not really ending a life, since no matter how much we talk about life beginning at such and such point, they are not considered alive by standards, until they are born. However, a person who is put to death by capital punishment is alive, and is ending a life.

    Now that being said, I'm for capital punishment. I'm also against abortions (unless they are medically deemed necessary or its from a rape/incest). I don't decide that one is more liberal or one is more conservative than the other, I view them based on my beliefs.

    Now I know that some can try to rationalize this around, to make it fit what they want it to fit, but sorry there are items that many Republicans or Conservatives view that I don't find 'religious', just like there are many items that many Democrats or Liberals support that aren't religious in my view.

    By loving your neighbors and all, shouldn't the Conservative side be more supporting of social programs that help those in need? Instead of normally being against them?

    Again, I fully expect someone to try and rationalize it, defend it, spin it around to suit whatever need or party or supposed view fits them.

    There is no right or wrong party, there is no right or wrong view (conservative or liberal) unless someone is one of those who can't be open minded to seeing things not so black and white, but a lot of greys.

    I have no problem if someone thinks Bush is/was the lesser of the two evils. I do have a problem if someone thinks he is/was the lesser of the two evils because of his party or his being conservative. Last time I looked, I don't remember it saying Jesus Christ, GOP.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Liberal - Conservative difference explained

    Execution by law is NOT murder. God instituted this punishment Himself. The condemned has brought this judgment and punishment upon themselves. The last time I checked, an unborn child had done nothing wrong, hence those that are aborted are murdered. It doesn't matter if it is protected by law. Slavery was protected by law also, but did that make it right??? Conservatives follow the mainline thinking and ideals of most Christians, therefore they are often associated with one another.
    I'm all for responsible social programs, as I think most conservatives are. Notice I said RESPONSIBLE. I'm totally against helping the illegal sneak-ins. It burns me to see US citizens who work for a living and barely make ends meet not be able to get help from the government when they need it. Boy, have I seen that one plenty of times.
    It also burns me to see the abusers who have never worked, whose parents didn't work, whose grandparents didn't work - who have always "drawn".
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  9. #29
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: The Liberal - Conservative difference explained

    [ QUOTE ]
    It also burns me to see the abusers who have never worked, whose parents didn't work, whose grandparents didn't work - who have always "drawn".


    [/ QUOTE ] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I kinda wish I coulda took that "walk to the mailbox" class when I was in school. It would have to be better than mining all the time.

  10. #30
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Liberal - Conservative difference explained

    Wait execution by law is not murder.
    And abortion even though its by the law is murder.

    So one, using the law isn't murder, and the other via the law, is murder.

    So the law only applies when its comfortable?

    All knowledge comes from God. I think that it the key. God provided man the knowledge to realize that a baby is harmful to the mother or to allow them to realize the psychological impact of rape or incest on the mother. Morally, I think God allowed man the knowledge and like many things, man exploited the knowledge. That doesn't make the knowledge wrong, the use is. Like I said, I think its wrong as birth control, but I don't think its wrong.

    We've done had plenty of proof that innocent people have been executed wrongly, but I guess those 'innocent deaths' are just part of the process, right?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •